With a vision of helping others live a life of confidence and passion, the Mogul Dad is aimed at elevating your belief in what you’re capable of achieving, and aligning your mindset with those new expectations.
About a five years ago when I went into full-time entrepreneurship, I started hearing the word “mastermind” thrown around. At first it conjured up thoughts of an evil genius who is the mastermind behind some sort of catastrophe, but of course, the business world has another definition and use for the term.
Mastermind Group Definition
A mastermind group is simply a meeting of highly motivated folks who share a common goal and are looking to encourage and help each other improve.
That’s basically the definition of what we talk about when we talk about business mastermind groups (shortened to “mastermind group” from here on out). These meetings can be in person, but they don’t have to be. Mastermind meetings can also be online or over the phone.
Why Mastermind Groups Were Invented?
Mastermind groups have been around for a long time, but the phrase “mastermind group” was first coined by Napoleon Hill in his book Think and Grow Rich. According to Hill, a mastermind group is a “co-ordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.”
Whether the group is meeting for professional, political, or inspirational reasons, successful people have been meeting together in group collaboration for centuries.
However, as I’ve stated earlier, the best masterminds consist of folks with similar goals.
In order to find like-minded individuals who are open to forming a mastermind group (or know of one you might be able to join), you can check the following sources:
- Twitter – Engage with people around a certain hashtag or interest topic. Tweet out that you are interested in joining a mastermind group for your particular niche.
- Blog Comments – I’ve read more than one interaction where someone comments on a post and asks for advice on joining a mastermind on that topic, and others follow up with similar interests as comment replies.
- Facebook/LinkedIn Groups – Groups on these social networks are often a great way to meet like-minded people and look around for mastermind opportunities.
Of course, if you poke around and can’t find a mastermind group with your particular niche or in your area, then it’s time to start one!
Starting a Mastermind Group
Every mastermind group is started by someone. Why not you? All it takes is one other person to get a mastermind group started. Of course, in order to have a successful group meeting, a few key items must be discussed amongst the founding members:
- Pick a Topic – State specifically what this mastermind group is going to be about. Be as specific or general as you’d like, knowing that the more specific the focus the stronger the growth in that area will be.
- Pick the Ground Rules – Will there be consequences for so many missed meetings? Will there be a time limit? Come up with a few of these foundational rules to ensure that everyone is on the same page, and they all know what they are signing up for.
- Chose the Agenda – Again, having an agenda will keep the meeting moving and show respect for everyone’s time. This doesn’t have to be set in stone, perhaps it will evolve over time, but never start a meeting without an agenda.
- Keep an Eye out for New Members – Many masterminds are invite-only, and for good reason. You want your mastermind group to maintain a high level of focus and to be filled with other motivated individuals. Some masterminds even have an application and interview process to join, while others grow only with recommendations from existing members.
Once the topic, ground rules, and agenda are discussed, then it’s time to meet! During the meetings, it is important not to interrupt (which can happen more often than we realize), and give each person an equal chance to share and give feedback. Another topic to discuss is whether or not the meeting will be captured, either by written notes or a recording.
What’s included in the Mogul Dad Mastermind Group
- Weekly Virtual Sessions
- Hot Seat Opportunity with Other Members of the Mogul Dad Mastermind tribe
- 30 Day Perseverance Pays Off Plan
- Weekly Missions
- Access to our Secret Mogul Dad Facebook Page
- 24/7 Q & A Access to Me and our Current Members
- Special guest speaker every 30 days in mastermind group
- No contract, Leave at Any Time
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Like many other successful entrepreneurs, you can elevate your success by starting or joining a mastermind group. Pat Flynn recently wrote:
“I would not be where I’m at today if it weren’t for the mastermind groups that I’ve been a part of since I began doing business online.” -Pat Flynn
Whether you are stuck in a rut, on a plateau, or experiencing slow growth, a mastermind group can provide the boost in energy, new perspectives, accountability, and resources necessary to take your game to the next level.